Construction and related downstream businesses are all subject to the same boom and bust cycles. The key to success is being able to gear up quickly when work is plentiful, and to downsize effectively when times are tough.
In recent years Australia has experienced significant growth in the property and construction market. New laws and structures, along with a well regulated and transparent investment market, has encouraged overseas investors, large international Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), developers and investment funds into the market.
The Fordham Property and Construction Services Team provide specialised and practical accounting, tax and advisory solutions to this diverse market. Clients range from local regional property developers and large metropolitan residential and commercial builders, through to Managed Investment Trust structures for Australian and foreign investors (including Sovereign Wealth Funds, Foreign Pension Funds and REITs).
Our owner focused service methodology helps build both the business (active) value and the personal (passive) wealth of the owner, while our suite of specialist services can be tailored to meet the requirements of residential and commercial builders, along with the complex needs of international REITs and other foreign investor reporting requirements, including:
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliant general purpose financial statements
- Outsourced CFO and finance functions, including monthly management reports, profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow reporting
- Profit improvement and benchmarking
- Financial modelling
- Assistance with cashflow optimisation and sourcing of external finance
- Tax effective structuring for property developments and investments
- Structuring property ownership via superannuation funds to hold and develop property
- Asset protection and risk minimisation
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Extensive expertise in GST, stamp duty and land tax, and their application to the residential and commercial construction industry
- Assistance with other issues, including accreditation with the Construction Supplier Register and Home Owner Warranty
As an active member of industry bodies in both the residential and commercial construction industry, including the Housing Industry Association and Master Builders Australia, we have access to a strong network of property valuers, financiers and industry participants to help you connect within the industry. We also provide clients with topical updates and seminars on industry developments and trends.
Click for a coffee!
Get a taste for how Fordham can help your business over a coffee with one of the team! Email us!
See us at a seminar …
Take home some info from one of our informative and practical business seminars Learn more
Read all about it!
The latest news in construction, business performance, tax and more! Handy articles